- Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix– DVD.I personally enjoy the first of the three intense 20-minute workouts included on this DVD. This one focuses on toning the upper body, while also giving a great cardio workout. All you need is a pair of weights (I use 5 pounds per hand) and a small amount of room. It starts off quickly and maintains the pace throughout. Also included is a quick cool down at the end to bring the heart rate back to where it should be.
- Love Your Body with Kettlebells- toneitup.com. I thoroughly seek joy in most workouts with kettlebells because of their ability to easily tone all parts of the body. In just a few fairly painless moves, the kettlebell is giving the legs, abs, and arms a great workout. I particularly like this workout because Katrina (the trainer) explains each move in depth, helping me to understand how and why the kettlebell is beneficial. I use a 10 pound dumbbell in place of the kettlebell because I do not own one that works for me in this video.
- Bikini Yoga Flow– toneitup.com. Honestly, I struggle a bit with yoga because of my impatience. I still don’t think I am able to relax and focus, but that is where this workout comes into play. Karena and Katrina (the trainers and founders of tone it up), both go through many vinyasa flows that are understandable and fun to do. They play soothing music that helps me to stay focused, calm, and ready to take on the day. I try to do yoga once a week to help relax and stretch out my muscles from toning workouts.
- Calorie Blasting Cardio Bootcamp Workout-fitnessblender.com. Although this workout is only 20 minutes, it certainly gets me sweating. It goes through 3 sets of 5 different exercises for 45 seconds on, and 15 seconds off. The exercises themselves are fairly easy, but doing them for this extended length of time really gets the heart rate up. Since there is no equipment necessary, this workout is great when on vacation and dumbbells are not available. There are a TON of great workouts on fitnessblender.com that are extremely well done by the founders, Kelli and Daniel.
- Barre Workout for Butt and Thighs– fitnessblender.com. All you need for this workout is a chair. It focuses on toning those smaller muscles in the legs by moving them in a unique fashion in multiple ways. I really enjoy this workout because it is set up similar to a Barre class, which is something I would really like to try in the near future. Also, it helps to work on proper posture, which is something we all need to focus on as we get older!
Try these workouts and let me know how they go!