Sista night was centered around a recipe that we were pretty sure we would mess up. The fact that we didn’t mess it up was a total victory.
This recipe is “Zucchini Pizza” from the Fitnessista’s book HIIT It, and it is also featured on her blog here, but I will post the recipe below. We wanted something with an extra dose of veggies, and an interesting combination of flavors. The fact that it was a pizza only made it sound even more appetizing:
- 1 Large Zucchini, Grated
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal (Find this cheaper at TJs)
- 1 heaping Tbsp Flax Meal
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pizza toppings-I used jarred marinara sauce and made caramelized onions.
- Mix all ingredients except pizza toppings in a large bowl.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet and place half the batter.
- Squish into a pancake-like shape
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until the batter is browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Repeat with the remaining batter so that there are two pizza rounds.
- Top with pizza toppings and place in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Thoughts: It actually tasted a lot better than I thought it would. I am awful at flipping pancakes, and that skill is needed here or it will crumble apart. I think I needed it to cook on each side a little bit longer than I did. Overall, I may try this recipe again, or I will just use a tortilla for my pizza.
We served it alongside roasted asparagus, my favorite!
Once again this show is just hysterical. The old men in the audience are definitely my favorites, along with Rizzo and the other rats. It must be so fun to be a guest star on this show.
Grandfathered: John Stamos continues to shine as the selfish narcissistic leading role who is learning the importance of familial relationships. I just love his dapper suits and smile. The show is actually really funny too, and how amazing did Diddy’s white party look? I probably would have ditched the kid to attend it myself.
Scream Queens: This show is crazy and I have no idea what they are even talking about anymore, but it’s also hysterical. In addition, I am OBSESSED with Chanel’s outfits and would dieeee to have her closet. Just take a look at Chanel’s gorgeous wardrobe here. It makes me want to cover myself in furs (faux, of course!).