Last night my Sista and I tried our hands at a healthy Asian dish–>Lo Mein! Who doesn’t love a good bowl of noodles with healthy veggies?!
Our first course was an Easy Brussels Sprouts Salad:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts over a bed of Earthbound Farms Power Salad (a mix of baby spinach, baby red and green chards, and baby kale) topped with 1tbs sesame seeds and Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger Dressing.
Veggie Lo Mein Recipe: (Adapted from the September Issue of Good Housekeeping)
- Quinoa Pasta
- 10oz frozen chopped Broccoli
- 1 package frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 6oz Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Large Eggs
- Cook Quinoa Pasta in a large pot, according to directions.
- Before draining, add frozen broccoli, edamame, carrots, and spinach.
- Drain well. Set Aside.
- In the same pot, heat sesame oil. Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Cook 1 minute.
- Add 4 large eggs, beaten. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add in pasta and veggies. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
This recipe is very filling, and includes amazing vegetarian proteins like edamame, quinoa, and broccoli to truly satisfy your hunger. We included an egg roll on the side, because they’re definitely a guilty pleasure.
What did everyone think of the new show Scream Queens? I love to watch shows with Mean Girls, so this was right up my alley. I did fall asleep before it ended, so I will have to finish it tonight! I literally can’t stay awake through anything. Zzzz
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!