I’ve literally been living off of this meal for a few weeks now, I just can’t get enough. It’s the perfect Fall comfort food with the hearty pasta and crisp Brussels Sprouts. Unfortunately, Brussels Sprouts have been banned from my sister’s house and my parent’s house due to their slightly unpleasant odor, but when I’m in the comfort of my own home, I dig right in (and I light a few candles after).
Brussels sprouts are such a good source of protein, iron, and potassium. They are also a cruciferous vegetable, which is one of the most important to consume. Additionally, these potent sprouts provide us with 2 grams of fiber per half a cup serving, folate, and antioxidants which can reduce your risk of cancer. (Source)
So give this recipe a try, it’s a Fall favorite!
- 6 oz Ultra Grain Thin Spaghetti
- 8 oz Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsps Honey
- 2 tsps Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil for Sauteeing
- Cook pasta in salted water, according to directions in package. Before draining, save 1/2 cup of pasta stock in a separate cup.
- While pasta is cooking, cut brussels sprouts into thin slices, lengthwise and crosswise. (Or you can buy them pre-shredded, which saves this lengthy step!).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add minced garlic cloves, and chopped shallot. Heat until they turn a golden color.
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar, and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add brussels sprouts and cook until tender, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked pasta to saute pan, add in reserved stock and mix well.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try this dish! 🙂