Not to be a downer (eek!), but this week isn’t off to the greatest start, because I have been beaten down with a fever and headache. I’m definitely bummed to be sick on such a beautiful day here in Rhode Island, where the temperatures are hovering in the high 60s on a February day. However, I have my essentials with me to help me get over this illness fast:
Hydration: I’m definitely making sure to have nonstop liquids with me, and a variety too, because I get bored! I’m alternating between Essentia water (with electrolytes), Perrier, and tea (Lemon/Ginger Green Tea and Chamomile).
Food: It’s so important to load up on foods that contain Vitamin C, like berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, and peppers. (If you’re having any stomach issues though, avoid citrus fruits). These smoothies are good: Get Well Smoothie and Berry Green Smoothie.
Some other good foods to eat include garlic, due to its antibiotic properties against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. I was also lucky enough to have my mom’s Chicken Soup to eat.
Entertainment: My attention span is very short. Like, I couldn’t even get past 10 minutes of Making a Murderer, so it helps to have a wide variety of low key things to reach for when I don’t feel well. Obviously, the iphone is a big help, but when I want a bit more stimulation I have a few books on hand to look through.
- What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan. (I’m in the middle of this book, where a mom is searching for her missing son, and nothing is as it seems).
- Asian Vegan Kitchen-Grabbed this at the library. Asian flavors are my favorite, so I’m excited to read about how to incorporate them in a vegan manner.
- Lookbook Cookbook-Another great vegan cookbook. I’ve made a few of the appetizers so far, and am looking forward to some other ideas.
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton-I started this a while ago but need to finish it! It’s the story of Lily Bart against the background of the high-society of upper class New York.
- Mad Men-It’s taken me a while to get through the series, which doesn’t detract from the point that I love it. I squeeze in an episode here and there when I can, but need to get serious about watching it more. Perhaps today is the day!
- Vanderpump Rules-I’m only a few episodes behind, but it’s definitely one of the best (if not, best) reality shows out there.
- New X Files-Can’t wait to see what happened in this reboot. I loved watching the original series with my dad (even though he does not remember this tradition).
- Chelsea Does-This is a 6 part documentary series on Netflix starring Chelsea Handler. If she’s involved, it has to be interesting.
- Chef’s Table-This is another Netflix documentary series showcasing various world-renowned chefs. I find chefs to be amazing artists and love sneak peeks into their worlds.
Last night I took the most amazing bath using Lavender Epsom Salts. It really helped to relax my tired body, and it felt so soothing. Can’t wait to repeat this tonight!
Cute Sick Clothes:
Well I’m off to relax, and hopefully, feel better for tomorrow! Have a great Monday, and enjoy the weather!