Guys, this wrap is the PERFECT lunch. It is made of the best blend of flavors, and guaranteed to make you feel full for hours.
I definitely don’t have time to be cooking up wraps for hours, so I made this in the most simple way too. My plan was to make a sweet potato wrap, but the thought of peeling and chopping up sweet potatoes stressed me out. I knew there had to be an easier way, and then I saw this:
Yes, frozen butternut squash, such a simple and perfect idea. As it was already peeled, and chopped, I knew butternut squash would be a great flavor to add to my vegan wrap.
It’s so filling and the best part are all of the nutrients:
- Butternut squash- This vegetable is chock full of fiber, and low in fat. It provides potassium for bone health, and vitamin B6. This vitamin is essential for proper functioning of the nervous and immune systems. (Source)
- Beans-You technically should be eating THREE servings a day in order to prevent illness and heal your body.
- Creamy Avocado-will make you feel full all afternoon long
- Frozen diced butternut squash
- 1 can of black beans (try spicy for a little kick)
- 100% Whole wheat wraps or Ezekiel wraps
- Side of salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400″F
- Place frozen butternut squash on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, add a tbsp of olive oil, and salt, and pepper to taste.
- While squash cooks, drain and rinse black beans and slice avocado.
- Assemble wrap: Tortilla, squash, black beans, and 1/4 avocado per wrap. (Add a side of salsa for some added flavor!)
I have been making myself one at a time the night before with the prepped ingredients, because I was afraid that if I kept it any longer then the avocado may go bad. If you want to make the wraps ahead of time, feel free to freeze them and heat in the morning, or at work.